Since then, Google has always been my top search engine. Why not? it's extremely fast, no huge and no blinky advertisements. This was so important since at that time in my city, internet access wasn't as fast as not as nowadays, and internet was still expensive too. I had to pay each hour with IDR 10000 (~US$ 2). And I was still a student, heck! I won't waste my time just to load those sluggish ad banners.
Years I've spent with google were countless. Google wasn't actually my homepage though (my homepage was 'about:blank' he he), but I always rely on google when I need to find anything in internet: jobs, scholarships, prices, computers, books, lectures, programming, tools for downloads, you name it! My friend often questioned me: How did you find it? I said, "Google". And yes, it's still very fast now.
And Google is not just a search engine, It can search any thing (forum, groups, images), and it also provides freewares! I once needed a tool to design my house. I used visio at first, but when I downloaded Google Sketchup, wow, I can draw my design within minutes. I also find out, that Google toolbar, Google Earth/sky, Google Chrome, and even google pack are extremely awesome tools. I've downloaded them all and use them in my pc and laptop.
Google has become a very important part of my life. When my first daugther was born, I find every articles regarding birth and baby care. And now, I blog with google. Perhaps some day I can work with google? ha ha, who knows. I heard that Google cares so much to their employees. It is my privilege if I can work there, and I am sure that everyone agrees that Google is one of the best company in the world.
Well, this writing is dedicated to google. And I hope Google can always be the best, to it's customers, clients, employees, shareholders, and to all communities. Keep up the good work. Thanks for being part of my life.
I read your comment on my article. Yes, Google is getting a bit too powerful these days. I guess their idea of "don't be evil" also has a hidden agenda. Also, don't forget that Google is an American company. Nevertheless, I still use it everyday, and becoming too dependent as well (not good! hehehe). You know what else I'm getting hooked on...blogging :-)
ReplyDeleteNice
ReplyDelete